10 Ways the Avocado
is Great for Your Health
- It feeds your brain. The vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids in avocados will make sure your brain has the furl to keep running.
- It lowers bad cholesterol. A single cup of avocado gives you 32% of your daily recommended monounsaturated fat. This is the good type of fat that can be known to lower bad cholesterol.
- It gives you more of what you need. The monounsaturated fat helps absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K into your body making sure that you get what your body needs.
- It dulls the pain of arthritis. Inflammation in your joints can eventually turn into arthritis. Avocados have Polyhodroxylated Fatty Alocohols (PFAs), which actually reduces inflammation.
- It keeps your eyes shining. For your eyes to stay healthy, they need zeaxanthin and lutein. Avocados are full of them! These two carotenoids decrease your chances of eye disease and help keep damaging light waves from harming your vision.
- It’s fiber that’s tasty. Fiber is an essential part of your metabolic health which helps regulate weight. With about 27% of the fiber you need each day in a single avocado and its ability to reduce blood sugar spikes; you have a delicious weapon in your weight loss arsenal.
- More weight loss benefits. In addition to fiber, the monounsaturated fatty acids in avocados are more likely to be consumed as slow burning energy instead of being stored as fat. You’ll still feel full after eating the avocado, but without all the guilt.
- It’s good for your heart and muscles. Potassium is needed for proper heart function and muscle contraction. A banana has 10% of your daily recommended intake of potassium whereas an avocado has 14%. Most of us (I am totally guilty) don’t get enough potassium, so help yourself to an avocado.
- It helps while pregnant. Ok for this one it won’t help guys, but for gals whom are pregnant it will. Folate is necessary for developing babies during pregnancy. With almost 25% of your recommended daily intake of folate per cup of avocado, you can give your baby AND yourself the help you both need.
- Chock full of nutrients. Your body needs vitamin C to repair itself and B-6 to combat disease and infection. Avocados contain both of these (25% of your daily vitamin C intake) and 18 other minerals and vitamins your body needs to stay healthy.
~Like, Comment, Share, Tag, Subscribe, & Enjoy! ~